Burrell Youth Wrestling
Tournament Team Head Coach: Jordan Shields
Keystone Team Head Coaches: Chris Stewart and Jeff Falleroni
1st Year Wrestling Coach: Scott Laney
Thank you for signing your child up for the Burrell Youth Wrestling program. We will strive to ensure that your child gets as much fun and education out of this experience as possible. Burrell Youth Wrestling is made up of two teams, the Keystone Team and the Tournament Team. While all wrestlers are considered part of the Keystone Team and participate in Keystone League activities, more experienced wrestlers can earn a spot on the Tournament Team. The Tournament Team will participate in open tournaments throughout the state for more experienced wrestlers. The coaching staff chooses the Tournament Team after the first two weeks of practice.
First-year wrestlers will be on the Keystone Team. Keystone Team practices will be held on Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The Tournament Team will practice on Monday and Wednesday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wrestlers that were part of Burrell Youth Wrestling last year should report to the same team as last year to begin the season. Practices begin Tuesday November 3st, 2016.
All practices are to be held at Huston Middle School in the Auxiliary Gym
Each wrestler must participate in fundraisers as listed below to be eligible for the awards banquet at the end of the year. Recommended guidelines for wrestler participation are listed below:
Recommended Wrestler Participation Guidelines
- Tournament Team wrestlers must attend a minimum of two-thirds of all Tournament Team practices through February 26, 2017 (to be calculated per calendar month), but it is recommended that they attend 100% of all Tournament Team practices.
- Tournament Team wrestlers must wrestle at a minimum of two tournaments per month (tournaments selected by the coaches) in December, January, February, and participate in the Area VII Qualifier Tournament.
- Tournament Team wrestlers must wrestle at any Keystone League match that is hosted by Burrell Youth Wrestling.
- Sixth grade wrestlers that manage the Junior High team will be eligible to join Burrell Youth Wrestling.
- Keystone Team wrestlers must attend a minimum of 50% of all Keystone Team practices through February 26, 2017.
- Keystone Team wrestlers must wrestle at a minimum of four Keystone League matches to be eligible for the Keystone League Tournament, but are encouraged to wrestle at six Keystone League matches.
Failure to comply with any of the above guidelines may result in action at the discretion of the Board of Directors, which may include exclusion from the banquet and loss of any accompanying gifts.
New tennis shoes or wrestling shoes are required for practice. Headgear is mandatory for Keystone League matches and suggested for open tournaments. Singlets must be turned in at the end of year! Any lost or damaged singlet and your $80 deposit check will be cashed.
If you have any questions or have any special needs, please, contact one of the board members. A meeting for first year parents will be held, and you will be notified of the date, time and location of this meeting. We would like parents to be an active participant in their child’s wrestling season.